Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's April...so gamble everything for love

April has always been my favorite month. As a child, my birthday falling in April biased me. As a student, the ability to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" in April biased me. As a runner, the feel of a spring morning in April biased me. Now, as a mom-to-be, the possiblity of my child being born in April biases me towards this month.
So a big shout out to the month of April. Transitioning from winter to spring reminds me that the goodness in life is in the CHANGE...and so I give you one of my favorite Rumi poems as my April 1, No Fooling, gift to my blog readers....
“Half-Heartedness”
Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human
being.
If not, leave this gathering.

Half-heartedness does not
reach into majesty. You set out
to find God, but then you keep stopping
for long periods
at mean-spirited roadhouses.

Gamble everything
for love.