Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Google Ads

Once my blog passed the 10,000 "hits" mark, Troy suggested that we try Google Ads. I initially resisted because I'm more than 36 weeks pregnant and anything requiring extra effort is not on the plan these days AND I resisted because these randomly generated ads could pop-up just about anything and I would not want an innocent person to have to see an ad for "Stretchmark cream" or "New Body in 10 Days diet potion." But Troy persisted, so I told him that if he was willing to install it, then I would drop my resistance.
So GoogleAds, based on my blog content, "guesses" who might be reading my blog and then places ads they think those readers would want to see. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in myself....Apparently there is nothing about my blog except church because so far, all the ads are about churches. Where's the random ads? Am I not more diverse in my writings that all I talk about is church? Where's the information for yoga and ayurvedic? Where's the psychiatrist who wants to address my break-downs? Where's the ad for chocolate cake and cold milk? I need to diversify my life if all I generate is google ads about churches--and non-denominational churches that sound more like Frisco's old "saloons" (ex. Mustang Ranch in Forney, TX). And I apologize right now for any ad that pops-up with bad theology, especially end times and goofy stuff about how much Jesus loves you and if you've prayed "that prayer" lately.
So Google Ads is on a trial basis...enjoy!