Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Monday, October 8, 2007

Big News in the Ransdell Family

"The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature." -- Joseph Campbell
The Ransdell Family is growing and Sarah the Dog is looking forward to being a big sister in 2008! We are expecting. We heard the heartbeat today and decided it is time to share the news with the world.
Some of you who read my blog regularly noticed that I dropped off the face of the blogworld in September. I was very sick the month of September. There was not one brain cell left to write at the end of the day. It was a very challenging month for me. If someone told me on Sept. 1 that I would feel like I had the flu the entire month, then I could have created a plan B. Instead, I woke up day-after-day with headaches, nausea, vomiting...all the fun things. My social calendar became non-existent and my life became about making it through each day at work.
September was a huge month for UrbanLife. Just at the time when I needed to be at my best, I felt at my worst physically. There was so much I wanted to do and yet could not do. God was so gracious during the month. Just at the end of the month when I was really struggling with God's timing and wondering what effect this would have on UrbanLife's October launch, I received an email from a person who had heard about UrbanLife through a friend of a friend and wanted to get involved.
This was a good reminder for me that this is about God, and not about me, and at some point I have to accept my limitations and be open to God's infinite possibilities. It has also been a good reminder to me that UrbanLife is a long-term project and what matters is that we make consistent, steady gains in the ministry. October won't make-or-break the ministry and the people who need the ministry will find their way here.
Troy and I are so thrilled. It was an incredible moment today to hear that heartbeat and know that creation is unfolding before our eyes. I'm slowly getting my energy back and soon hope the nausea begins to fade away. As my midwife said today, all this sickness takes on a whole new meaning when you hear that beating heart.
I'm not sure I quite believe her...yet.

3 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

I am so happy for you all! Congrats... best wishes.... Not sure what the correct 'glad you are pregnant' saying is. Maybe I should just stick with "We are glad you are pregnant!"

Unknown said...

I was in (happy) tears last night when you shared the news with us! I couldn't be happier for you, and I'm even more delighted that we will experience this amazing journey together. I can't wait for our little ones to meet. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! We're so excited for you! Chris, Sharon, Will & Jeff