Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just a fun day

Today has been a fun day after a good night's sleep following 2 days of not sleeping well at night due to heartburn-from-hell. And I needed today to be good--lots going on as I'm trying to wrap-up life (as much as you can do that) before the next chapter of our lives opens in less than 8 weeks!
I called Troy today to remind him that we really are having a baby -- that complete strangers comment that I look like I'm due anytime now. He always laughs when I have these reality check moments and call him to tell him that we are having a baby. When we first found out we were pregnant, it was so strange to say, "I'm having a baby." Then, in January, I had to make peace with the idea that, "I'm a mother." In February, I had to come to terms with, "I'm a parent." All these new vocabulary words that define my life...a great and beautiful time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, Kathryn, I had heartburn from hell when I was pregnant, too! Look forward to seeing you next weekend :)

Unknown said...

Motherhood is blissful beyond belief! You will love it. I am so in love with our little guy. He is perfect.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it's getting so close! I just cannot imagine how excited-nervous-happy you and Troy are.

Anonymous said...

...and then, in about 2 years, this beloved little one will look up at you and say, "NO!"
...and then in about 13 years this beloved child will look right at you and say, "You don't understand my generation."
...and in 18 years this beloved young adult will say, "I can't wait to get out and leave home."
...and everyday for the rest of your life you will love this child with an intensity that you could never have imagined before he/she came into your life.
...and you will thank God to be blessed like this.

Elle