Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Friday, March 21, 2008

Checking in with the Blog World

I haven't updated my blog in about 2 weeks. It's been an interesting two weeks as we get closer to the big day...the day that life changes for the better. It's still strange thinking of myself as a parent. I'm not sure I'm mature enough for that one.
First, let me update you on UrbanLife. We are in a good place heading into my maternity leave...a solid core group that will be a good launching pad for growth in 2008-09. We finally got to a design for our website that works, so the techies are fast away building that. When our website is up and running, I will begin writing a separate blog for urbanlife that will be more daily devotional-based and this blog will become more of my personal blog. Don't worry--you can still read both.
UrbanLife will also have permanent space at First Church when I return from maternity leave. It only took a year--not bad in Methodist-time. We are moving into the 1st floor of the Oglesby building, which is the white building at the corner of San Jacinto and St. Paul that the church owns.
So all is good with UrbanLife and we will be fine while I'm learning to raise this little one. And, speaking of this little one, I'm showing signs of possible early labor so I'm on a modified work-rest plan until I reach 37 weeks (April 6). Not that far away and easily doable. Yesterday was my first day of this new work-rest plan and I felt much better at the end of the day than I have felt in a few weeks.