Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Speaking from Silence

"All necessary conversations begin in stillness and silence."--Me, Dec. 23, 2007

I'm impressed by yogis who go off in silence at the end of the year to wait and listen for a New Year's message. Silence is a lost art in our world today. Yet silence truly is fertile soil from which new ideas, different thoughts, and renewed energy grows. I've always found it humorous that the Self family can sit in a room together, be perfectly silent and yet perfectly happy. Makes me think we have some Quaker in our past DNA.
I haven't gone on a silent retreat recently, but I feel like a word has bubbled from deep in my soul...and I believe it's my word for 2008. It's not original...but it's mine--grateful. I have this deep well of gratefulness that seems to be spilling over in my heart and soul. So my New Year's wish is that I continue to develop and deepen a grateful soul.
What's your word for the New Year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peaceful...
in my mind, heart, soul, & body...

JiM said...

purpose