Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

DayTimer.com wins store of the year

Something good happened today--not quite a Christmas miracle--but as close as possible for the retail world. And the ending of the story is that Daytimer.com wins Retail Store of the Year in my book. I recently ordered my 2008 page-a-day calendar from them (this is my 3rd year using their system). I mentioned to the phone person that in the past year, I lost one of the screws that holds the rings to the binder. I asked if she could send me a screw. And she said she couldn't send me a screw, and she suggested that I could find one at the hardware store. The conversation felt funny and actually stayed with me the past few days, but I just didn't feel like pushing the issue.
Today, just 10 minutes ago, I received a phone call from the Quality Assurance Division of Daytimer.com. Upon reviewing the call, it was decided that my request was not accurately handled. I never knew that that pre-recorded message "Your call is being recorded for quality assurance" really mattered. Their apology--they are sending me a brand new binder. I would have been happy with a screw, but I will accept a new binder! I'm a small fish for them--I order once a year my pages--yet they treated me like my business really matters in the large pond of retail. Thanks Daytimer.com for brightening my day.

1 comment:

Mrs.Preppy said...

Ray has been on my case to let you know that my last name is misspelled. 1 s, 2c's.

Musacchio