Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas is coming

Well, the big day is just around the corner. I'm ready for Christmas. Since we had an early Thanksgiving, it feels like Christmas has been out there "lurking." I was able to get my Christmas presents bought and the necessary ones mailed in a timely fashion. These days, I'm thankful for little accomplishments like these. The pregnancy nausea now comes and goes but the pregnancy tiredness hangs around almost every day!
I've really enjoyed the Advent traditions of First Church and I look forward to the live Christmas Eve service at 11 pm...you can watch it in person, on the web, or live on WFAA-Channel 8.
Some incredible things have happened since my last blog entry...my colleague and friend donated a kidney to her sister-in-law. Both are doing well in the these early days post-surgery. Please keep them in your prayers...Sherrye (donor) and Kim (recipient)....my baby is kicking and moving more every day. I'm waiting for that magic moment when Troy will be able to feel a kick.....and, I had a "middle of the night" wake-up call two weeks ago and realized that it was now-or-never for me to take my massage therapy exam. I registered for the test, brushed up on my anatomy and took the state exam this past week. And I passed! I'm now a licensed massage therapist in the state of Texas--a massage therapist with no clients! (Not a good business model.)
I'm preaching tomorrow at First Church so my mind is on my sermon...will blog more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I lived in TX I would be happy to be your first client! I'll look forward to hearing the service on the web. Lots of exciting and wondrous things are happening in your life!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I can be your first client.

JiM said...

My neck is killing me -- where do I sign up?