Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Monday, November 5, 2007

After you hit the wall

Pregnancy was not agreeing with me last week, which is why I didn't blog. I was thinking I turned a corner, only to find the new street contained large progesterone potholes, might have even been sinkholes.

Sunday was particularly rough...sick all day and I was frustrated by this continuing sickness...I had an important 2008 planning meeting with the UrbanLife Leadership Team and it took all I had just to get out of bed and back up to the church. On the way home last night, I knew I had hit the wall. To be cliche, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Troy listened to my litany of ailments and he even let me cry without trying to fix-it and make it better. After an hour or so, he suggested the best prescription might be sleep. And he reminded me that it's okay to hit a wall as long as you get up the next day and pick yourself up and find a new path.

I was really thankful for those words of wisdom this morning (not necessarily last night), and, I'm thankful for my doctor who heard my frustration in my voice this morning and proposed a new plan for pregnancy-symptom management. I felt the best today than I have felt in a longtime so I hope the medications started today continue to work their magic.

So when you hit a wall, it's okay. Just don't forget to pick yourself up and find a new path.

No comments: