Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Monday, January 7, 2008

First parenting crisis

I had my first parenting crisis today, involving the dog.  Sarah the dog has been a little uneasy lately with changes in our condo (nursery furniture moved in), workmen fixing projects that have gone on way too long, and, Troy has been traveling more with work and she is sad when he is gone.  
Here's the scenario:  I came home for lunch today, and, I was meeting the plumber to finish the project from last Friday.  While I was opening the door, Sarah went over to the table and ate my sandwich off the table.  (Something she has never done.)  So I had to handle parenting my dog in front of a complete stranger...it was a hectic few minutes.  I'm sure this is only the first of many trying to figure out how you handle discipline while juggling other things all at the same time.  
I'm sympathetic towards her...I know she knows somewhere in her dog brain that life is changing.  Eating my sandwich off the table is not the direction we are headed, though! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm having some of the SAME issues with our two! And had an emergency vet visit with the cat recently. I'd swear these animals are preparing/testing me.