Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Remember what we do at church?


May 30, 2007

I tell a story about myself that I don't pack well and I don't move well. And right now, I'm in the middle of packing and moving. So it would be easy to say that naturally, I'm in a more un-well place of life than a well-place of life. Which means I take things easier and laugh a little more to balance it all out.

Have you ever hit a wall, though, that just feels like more than you can bear? When you hit it, what gave you the strength to get back on your feet? I hit a wall today and here's what got me back on my feet. It was 1 pm, I had been working all morning and skipped lunch. I was hungry. So I went to my favorite salad place, got my meal and sat in a corner. Out of 15 empty tables in the restaurant, a young mom with her son and daughter sat right next to my table. She arranged her food and then gave her 4-year-old a piece of bread and her 2-year-old a piece of bread and told them she was going to get their drinks. As she walked away, her little boy picked up his piece of bread, looked at his little sister, and asked, "Remember when we do this in church?" He then tore his bread that was smothered in jelly and ate it. His mom returned to her seat and she enjoyed her meal. And I simply said, "Thanks God for the reminder that you provide my daily bread."

When I hit my wall, God spoke directly from heaven, "Remember when we do this in church?" Yeah, I remember. And that's all it took to find my strength again.

No comments: