Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ethan's first church service

I'm not sure where the time has gone since my last blog post on May 29th except that my time has been with Ethan. We have been venturing out this June...going on walks with our friend Joe (who is moving to Austin...born 3 weeks after Ethan), making our first outing to First Church (to celebrate Wendy's birthday), getting Ethan's first vaccinations (the toughest scream to hear), and mall-walking at NorthPark. We attended church today at Grace United Methodist Church in East Dallas. It was Rev. Dr. Diana Holbert's first Sunday as senior pastor. It was Ethan's first church service, and, he received a blessing at the rail during communion. It's strange--the words to the hymns hit me on a whole new level now.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Hey, Kath-

You look like you're doing great. Isn't Mommyhood a ride? :)

We're thinking (very much still in the prelims) about moving back to Dallas soon. Any advice on where to live? We're not sold on Plano anymore. I'd like a change of scenery and to live south of 635.

Things are changing fast in our lil family, so we're going to have to make the decision soon...

Feel free to email me, too...

merwal said...

Oh my gosh- I LOVE Diana Holbert! She is amazing. I'm so glad Ethan got to see her on her special Sunday!!!!

Joe Stobaugh said...

What a great picture and what a great blessing for Ethan's first service to be with Diana Holbert! She is awesome!
I had (and continue to have) that same experience of the hymn texts and the liturgy coming alive to me in different ways since becoming a parent. Good stuff!

Rachel's Revelations said...

Hey :) We're looking forward to your (and Ethan's arrival) back to church staff life. Have you taught Ethan to file yet...I could use a little help over here.