Hungry for the latest blog post? Here is your Feed...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Conversing with that Lucky Girl

Throughout today, I've been thinking about my previous post, "Lucky Girl," and felt like it was somehow unfinished. I have read it about 10 times throughout today and kept wondering why it felt like something was missing or left undone in the post. And just a few minutes ago, I had that kind of aha-God moment that makes life worth living.
Here's what's missing...yes, it did take about 15 years of therapy for me to decide that there is a difference between my stuff and other's stuff and that my stuff is not inherently bad. And don't get me wrong...therapy was definitely needed. But through the process of all that talking and in the midst of my daily life choices, God also performed a miracle. I came to know who I was not by determining my own self or my own value...I came to know who I was in the light of who I am in God. I'm one of God's children, like you are, and for that matter, like those who sometimes act like baboons. That's where my worth comes from and from this place I can stand strong and be the person God wants me to be. From this place, I can feel in my core what life abundant is really about--

--and yet we live in a world where too many people have no idea what this means and instead live a life of constriction. And this is why I do what I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you just lost your baboon following!

But seriously folks, how does original sin fit with one's stuff not being inherently bad? Just wondering?